400 Madison Street
The Madison Elementary main building was built in 1954 with 4 classrooms added to the West end of the building in 1959. In 1962 the gym and cafeteria building was constructed and in 1968 the “restroom building” to the West of the breezeway was added to the site.
Madisonhas remained fairly unchanged since its original construction with no major renovations taking place beyond the additions that have been made. Many of the classrooms have been reconfigured to meet more modern needs, and two of the classrooms have been converted to a library.
Madisonhas two re-locatable buildings of unknown age. One sits just to the East of the gymnasium and currently houses a classroom and a computer lab. The other has been attached to the main building via the breezeway and is currently 4 small rooms. Both of these buildings have been re-sided and had window replacements in recent years.