303 “D” Street
Coos Bay, OR
The West wing of Eastside Elementary was built in 1949 and had the existing gym added in 1951. In 1959 the two story East wing, with a cafeteria on the lower level, was added to the site replacing the original building built in the early 1900’s.
Eastside has remained fairly unchanged since its original construction with no major renovations taking place beyond the additions that have been made. Parts of the cafeteria have been partitioned off to make additional classroom and library space. The building was mothballed in 2002 when the district reorganized to three elementary schools.
Currently a portion of the building is rented to a dance school, 2 classrooms are used part time for Millicoma Intermediate students, and Millicoma occasionally uses the gym. The remainder of the building is currently used for storage.